Friday, November 16, 2007

Oh my GOSH, getting CFEclipse installed was a total pain!

Wow, it should NOT have been this hard. Writing this down so I don't have to figure this all out again later...

- Eclipse seemed to work fine with THIS version of the Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE) Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.5.0 update 11 found here.
Eclipse versions of Java supported

- Then I installed the Eclipse for RCP/Plug-in developers

- But the FINAL trick was that you can't just double click on any CFM/CFC file. Arg! You have to create a project first with the files in the right part of the hierarchy. Aaaaaah! I think I even had this working before, but uninstalled because of the blank window issue.
See post here.

This one showed me why adding CFEclipse to the Flex Builder 2 install didn't work.

Now I find that Eclipse 3.3 isn't compatible with FlexBuilder 2.0.1. Ack! Looks like Flex Beta 3 might fix it...

No comments: