Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Trying to get rid of Windows 7 freezing every few seconds after it goes to sleep and then wakes up.

Best theories I can find on the Net all correctly point out that if the computer never goes to sleep no problem. So clearly something is being turned off in a weird way that's causing problems. Two main options for me to pursue:

a) Just tried going to the adapter settings and turning off the computer's ability to power off the cards to see if indeed it's a PCI-E bus power down issue.

b) If that doesn't work, did just note that my LAN drivers are from Microsoft and not from the install disc I used so I'd try doing different drivers if this keeps up.

----
Found out the problem - it's my external tuner card. It gets into some weird state. If I pull the mini-usb card out then the hang goes away...hoping the latest driver update from Windows update fixes the issue.

No comments: