Friday, June 6, 2014

Scroll wheel direction registry hack

From a co-worker:
After using touch devices I finally decided to make the switch and change my touch pad on my Macbook to scroll in the “natural” direction.  The problem was that Apple, in all their brilliance tied together the scroll direction of their mouse and trackpad…even though they are in two separate control panels.  So I had to get used to scrolling my mouse in the “natural” way.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find a way to achieve this through the Windows controls.  I did find an app, Trackpad Settings, that I used to change both the scroll direction of the trackpad, and turn off the tap-click feature which I hated, but I still couldn’t reverse the scroll on my mouse wheel.

I did however find that there is a reg key you can modify to make this work.  Head to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\HID…

Then search for FlipFlopWheel, and change it’s value to 1.  I did that, turned my mouse off and back on, and I am in business.

No comments: